Hannes Råstam, Swedish journalist, died he was 56.
Hannes Råstam was a Swedish journalist died he was 56.. He was the host of SVT‘s investigation programme Uppdrag granskning. He was awarded the Prix Italia in 2001, the Golden Nymph in 2006, and the FIPA d’Or also in 2006.
(1956 – January 12, 2012)
He joined SVT as a journalist in 1993 after a career as a musician in
the 1970s. He started working on Uppdrag granskning in the early 2000s.
Råstam’s programmes about convicted serial killer Thomas Quick where he retracted his confessions caused murder convictions to be overturned.
He died on January 12, 2012 after a battle with cancer of the liver and pancreas aged 56.
- Ett år efter skotten (2002)
- Varför erkände dom? (2008)
- Thomas Quick, del 1: Säters Hemlighet (2009)
- Thomas Quick, del 2: Berättaren (2009)
- Thomas Quick: Så skapas en seriemördare (2010)
- Göteborgskravallerna – tio år senare (2011)
- Fallet Thomas Quick: att skapa en seriemördare (2012)
To see more of who died in 2011 click here